Animal Crossing Toxic City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animal Crossing Toxic City

A site with every thing for AC GameCube Wild World and City Folk

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inArcade
Welcome to our site enjoy. Also We are currently willing to pay 300 site points to anybody that makes a decent Background for the site.

The MTv Video Music Awards.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Itamae_Anthony

Itamae_Anthony

Your Clean
Bells : 5631
Reps : 3

The MTv Video Music Awards. Empty
PostSubject: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 4:19 am

This topic is all about the 2009 VMAs. I know its been a couple days, but oh well. What did like about them? What did you not like about them? What performances did you like or dislike? Do you like Russel Brand as the host? Kanye West. So many things to talk about lol. Obviously, I'll start.

Before last year, I had no idea who Russel Brand was. Then when he hosted the 2008 VMAs, I thought he was hilarious. This year he was even funnier. He is pretty damn funny and he makes a good host.

All of the performances were pretty good, in my opinion. Muse, Beyonce, Jay -Z and Alicia Keys, Greenday, Pink, Taylor Swift, Janet Jackson...There were a lot and none of them were bad.

There are two that really stood out to me a lot, though.
The first one was Lady Gaga's performance of Paparazzi. This was probably my favorite performance of the night. It was by far the weirdest performance of the night, but my favorite nonetheless. She is pretty awesome.

My second favorite was Jay-Z and Alicia Keys performance of Empire State of Mind. It was really good except for the part where Lil' Mama intruded.

P.S. Please no "OmG KanYe is sUCh a douChe," or "ZomG kANye is An AsS." I'm tired of hearing comments like that from FaceBook.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=717964348&ref=profile
lollerzskatez

Your Clean
Bells : 5450
Reps : 4

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:06 pm

I don't really like Lady Gaga.
She's not random enough, it's all acted out imo. Also, the music is quite meh.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Scientist

Dr.Scientist

Your Clean
Bells : 5642
Reps : 6

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:49 pm

I dislike Lady Gaga too.

I LOVE Beyonce. Her performance was the best of all time!

I love Russell Brand (Thought he wasn't given much of a chance to be funny this year though.) He is one fo my favorite comedians, and I even bought his book. (I'm reading it at the moment)

Also, love Jay-Z. He's my favorite rapper.
Back to top Go down
Itamae_Anthony

Itamae_Anthony

Your Clean

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 12:46 am

Yeah, Jay-Z has always been one of my favorite rappers. Lol I like how awkward it was when Lil' Mama jumped on the stage during his performance.
Back to top Go down
Megamac

Megamac

Your Clean
Bells : 5356
Reps : 0

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 6:13 am

I was surprised to see pink as an acrobat, and I also am not really a fan of lady gaga, she first looked like a black mage with kermit the frog, had a period onstage, looked like a broken ketchup bottle, and had a bird's nest around her

got to say though, after all that happened, I was happy to see taylor swift put on a good performance 5 minutes later
Back to top Go down
Itamae_Anthony

Itamae_Anthony

Your Clean

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 7:25 am

I agree. Taylor Swift is awesome, but Kanye is probably my favorite rapper. I admit he was very much in the wrong, but I try not to take a side in that ordeal.

And I just like Lady Gaga's style. Its so weird that its awesome, imo. The black outfit she was wearing was oddly cool. She kinda reminded me of a Final Fantasy type of villainesse.

If you are not easily offended, encyclopediadramatica has a pretty damn funny article about Kanye's stunt. Go there and search "Imma let you finish..." Its a pretty funny article. I love ED. You just gotta remember that they are not serious at all there and that they make fun of everyone and everything equally there lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MTv Video Music Awards.   The MTv Video Music Awards. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The MTv Video Music Awards.
Page 1 of 1